Voted #1 Surf School & Lessons in Ventura County by the VC Reporter
Click the link here VC Reporter 2020 Best Of Issue to view pg. 44 (Ventura Makos Instructor – Malia Ilagan) and pg. 51 (Voted #1 Surf School) in the VC Reporter’s 2020 Best Of Issue
2021 SURF PROGRAM SESSIONS
View Upcoming 2021 Season Sessions:
FALL SURF CLASSES (Online Sign-Ups LIVE NOW)
FALL BREAK SURF CAMP (Online Sign-Ups LIVE NOW)
Ventura Boys & Girls (Elementary) Surf Club
- After School Surf Program for 4th & 5th graders that are at the Intermediate-Advanced levels (Contact us for more information)
Ventura Middle School Surf League 2021-2022
- Tryouts will be held August 28th @ Ventura Harbor (South Jetty) for Intermediate-Advanced surfers ONLY (Contact us for more information)
Ventura Scholastic (High School) Surf Team 2021-2022
- Tryouts will be held September 11th @ Ventura Harbor (South Jetty) for Intermediate-Advanced surfers ONLY (Contact us for more information)
Updated COVID Policies & Procedures
- Ages 8 and up only, no Mini Makos. Private and small group lessons available to ALL ages.
- Must bring your own mask, hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes, sunscreen, towel, snack, water, etc.
- Each surfer will need to pass a daily health pre-screening to attend weekly class.
- Daily temperature checks
- Groups of 4-5 with 1 instructor, same groups all week
- All students will take their wetsuits given to them home daily and bring back the following day to turn in on Friday.
- All participants and instructors will sign Covid-19 specific waiver to participate.
- *An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. By attending Ventura Makos Surf Camp, Inc. surf camps, including Silverstrand Surf School, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
About Ventura Makos
Ventura Makos is the number one surf school in Ventura County providing surf lessons, surf camps and year round surf programs for ALL AGES!!! Our mission is to provide the best possible surf experience or your money back guarantee. Our staff is filled with lifeguards, EMT’s, professional surfers and some of the top experienced water-men/water-women in California. All of our employees here at Ventura Makos are required to be First Aid & CPR certified. Safety is always our number one priority by taking the proper steps and precautions in providing a safe atmosphere for the comfort of our staff, participants and local community.
- SURF LESSONS FOR ALL AGES
- SURF CAMPS FOR AGES 8-17
- LARGE GROUP SURF LESSONS
- SURF THERAPY SESSIONS
- PRIVATE & CORPORATE EVENTS
- BIRTHDAY PARTIES
- SURF & SKATE SAFARIS
- SURF “N” YOGA CLASSES
- OCEAN SAFETY & KNOWLEDGE COURSES
- INTERMEDIATE – ADVANCED SURF TRAININGS
School Year Programs:
- HOMESCHOOL SURF CLASSES
- AFTER SCHOOL SURF PROGRAMS
- ELEMENTARY BOYS & GIRLS SURF CLUB
- VENTURA MIDDLE SCHOOL SURF LEAGUE
- VENTURA SCHOLASTIC (HIGH SCHOOL) SURF TEAM
- SURF SAFARIS
- PRIVATE SURF EVENTS & CONTESTS
- SURF RETREATS
Highlights from Ventura Makos Surf Camp 2019
Click the link below to view the most recent Ventura Makos Surf Camp 2020 movie on Youtube!!!
TAX ID# 81-1858923